Wednesday 18 April 2012

Media Evaluation Question 4

                                                       
      Question 4 Transcript


4.)     How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?


When planning and researching, I was able to make full use of the equipment and programmes I had access to. I was able to watch music videos on YouTube and TV to find inspiration and the programmes I used varied from the internet to professional software such as Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
    When creating my music video, I used a high-quality camera which was the ‘Cannon  550D’ this was a great camera to use as it had the deep focus where I could capture my performer clear whilst the background was blurred, this was also really useful when taking pictures, It enabled the lights in the background to be blurry whilst my model was clear. I also used the Sony HD camcorder to shoot my green screen.
     As well as using a high quality camera I also had the lighting equipment I used for my shootings, where two spotlights which were very useful when shooting at night-time, they gave a huge source of light and also made the shots look more professional.  I also used fairy lights to hang up across the black backdrop in one of my green screen shootings to make it more interesting.
    I also used a 50 lense on the camera and a 1.8 aperture which enables it to shoot in the dark and still have great quality, with the in-depth focus. It also gives a cinematic quality to the clips, using these shutter speeds and lenses enabled me to create a more professional-looking music video.
    The software I used to edit my clips together was Adobe Premiere Pro and I had already  used this in my AS work, although I had to gain new skills in order to create a high quality standard production for my A2 work, I used tutorials to gain as much as I could and  this was really useful . Adobe Premiere enabled me to place and cute different clips together until I was happy with the sequence. I then had to lip synch the clips with the music which took a lot more time than I expected.  There were tools such as different layers, where I could place together and cut where I wanted, this took me quite long to figure out which clips to use then edit at the right time.
     I also used Adobe Premiere Pro in the planning of my A2 coursework; I used it to create my animatic which showed my initial drawings being played along with the song, used for my draftings.
     I then moved onto Adobe After Effects where I removed the green screen and replaced it with colour solids, with moving swirls and lines behind, I also used multicam on After Effects, and put a filter onto the footage to create a more realistic/edgy tone. The use of After Effects also enabled me to play back my edited footage and see if there were any mistakes or errors I needed to fix.
     I also used Adobe Photoshop to create my print work, I had used this programme during AS so was quite familiar with it, this enabled be to use it more easily to create my digipack designs and magazine advert.
    The fact I had use to these programmes enabled me to gain new skills and act on my feedback making the best possible productions I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment