Wednesday 18 April 2012

Media Evaluation Question 3


                                                 Question 3 Transcript

3.)    What have you learned from your audience feedback?

My music video is aimed at young people, within the age group of 15-25, this is because the artist is a young girl and my performer is also young, so the audiences can relate to both the song and performer. It is mainly aimed at girls, but boys may also watch it due to 'voyeurism', where boys will watch the video due to scenes of my performer in certain clothes and shots.
   I believe that feedback is a critical/important stage in the process of making my music video and print work. It enables me to improvement my work and make the best out of the critiscm I get.  The opinion of others is extremely important, especially when it comes to my print work, as this is advertising the artist and if the audience aren’t willing to pay money and isn’t convinced then the CD won’t sell. Feedback would also be important in the real world music industry- the audience’s opinion is one of the most important factors in keeping the industry going.
                When planning my music video, I made sure I carried out primary research to see what my target audience expected and wanted from a music video, I created a polling system on my blog where I got people from the age group to vote what they most agreed with, questions like "Do you expect to see a narrative music video?" and I also asked questions about my print work asking "Do you expect to see the artist's face on the front of the CD?" which helped me a lot. I also found that most of my target audience would watch music videos on either YouTube or channels like MTV, so this is where I'd plan to show it.
     I gained my audience feedback in many ways, I used a polling vote to gain feedback for my music video and print work. I also got people in my class to record their feedback after watching my music video.  I also created a face book page for my music video, where friends could give their opinions and feedback, which was really helpful when improving my work.  I also got my target audience to comment on my print work, this was helpful as I could see it next to my work and make significant improvements.
The feedback I got was from people who were aged my at my target audience. It was quite useful that my friends fit into this age group, as I could ask them to review my work, and I also got feedback from younger students as I wanted to get a variety from people I knew and didn’t know. I also got really good feedback from my teachers which helped me to improve my work.
I also held a test screening of my music video at a certain stage. This was really useful as I got the people watching to give me feedback and then record it to camera.
   
I was then able to make changes to my video, like making sure the lip synching was in time with the song and some people said the editing went too fast, so I slowed some shots down on After Effects.
I started to improve my work after getting feedback, I went back onto Adobe Premiere and added in more video transitions as people had said the cuts in my video were too sharp and fast, I added a dissolving fade in which I think made my video look really effective.
   I also added more effects in After Effects, the feedback I received said the backgrounds were a little dull, so by adding a few transitions in the backgrounds like flourishes and extensions, it would make each clip a little different and more enjoyable to watch.
    I think I targeted my audience successfully, my target audience would be grabbed in by the different locations, my shots are constantly changing so it doesn’t appear dull, the lighting which is at night- spotlights and fairy lights give a certain theme, I also believe the performers make-up and costumes would appeal to the audience, some shots focus on the shoes she wears which would interest the audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment