Wednesday 18 April 2012

Media Evaluation Question 2


Question 2 Transcript

1.)    How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?

For my A2 coursework I created a print package of a music video, CD pack and a magazine advert. I think it’s important that each of these products have a consistent theme and home style, where they all look like they’ve come from the same package and audience can relate to them as a whole.
   The purpose of a music video is to represent the artist’s latest song, and target the audience keeping them interested by using a narrative and showing the artist performing the song. Music videos are produced to entertain the target audience/fans, and to represent the artist through the latest technology shown on music channels such as MTV and virally online like sites YouTube.
   The purpose of a magazine advertisement is to promote the CD/album that is due to be released. The magazine advert will usually show the artist on the front, and usually has a picture of the CD, my advert does this, with a small picture of the album at the side so audiences can see what it looks like and look out for it in shops, it also features the release date, special songs and ratings from popular magazines/industries, this is a way to promote the CD further and make it look as advertising as possible.
    The purpose of the CD cover is to represent the artist and appear attractive for the target audience to purchase, I have used a close up of the performers face, this will allow my target audience to identify with the cover as soon as they see it, I have kept the text simple, with the same font design as the magazine advert and back covers, a simple script font ‘Jordon’. I have also included a plug line at the side which will interest the audience more, and if it was to be sold in a shop, would catch their eye.
   The colours I have used throughout my productions have been dark, blacks, purples and reds. I think this is important to keep a consistent colour theme as otherwise it could look odd together and the audience may feel like they don’t fit. I’ve also made sure my print works were as similar to the colours I have used when shooting my music video. By ensuring this, I took photos from the first location shoot I did, so they fit together.
    I have also used the same fonts on each of my designs; I made sure ‘Jordon’ the artists name was in the same font type, as this needs to be consistent to look professional. I created this font on Photoshop, I made sure each production had the same background to it which was a picture of the fairy lights I had used when shooting my video, and I duplicated this image so it was the same background for each production, I changed the colour of it to either black&white or a more blue colour.
     I used the internet to find these fonts, like www.refont.com as I thought it would be more interesting than using a typical font.
   I believe I have created a brand identity because when placing my productions together on screen, they all look similar and have the same features from each other in some places.


No comments:

Post a Comment